Tier 2 Visa Applications

A Tier 2 visa is available for you if:

  • You’re wanting to visit the UK on a long-term basis to fill a job vacancy, in IT, accountancy, teaching or healthcare
  • You have a Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship from your UK employer – your employer must have a legitimate Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence

General visa

Have you had a job offer from an employer who has a valid Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence? Do you have a Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship? This application is applicable to you if you’re coming to the UK with a skilled job offer that will enable you to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by somebody already living in the UK. If you hold a General visa, you are eligible to change your job in the UK, however, the process of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship will have to be repeated.

To be eligible for a General visa, you will need:

  • A valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
  • To show that you’re being paid an appropriate salary
  • To prove that your level of English
  • To have savings of £945 for 90 days
  • A TB test results if applicable

A General visa can lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and this application also makes provisions for spouses, partners, and any dependent children, which allows them to immigrate to the UK at the same time as yourself.

Intra-company Transfers

This application is for the workforce of multi-national companies who will be relocated to an overseas employer into a skilled job in a UK based branch of the organisation.

If you’re looking to apply for this visa, you will need to provide the following:

  • Your certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • Bank/building society statement or letter that shows you have enough personal savings (unless your certificate of sponsorship says that your sponsor can support you)
  • A current passport/travel document to show that you’re eligible to travel
  • Any expired passports/travel documents to show your travel history
  • Your TB test results if applicable

Ministers of Religion

If you’re a religious worker, you may need long-term entry to the UK under either the Tier 2 or Tier 5 category. In both cases, you must be sponsored by a religious organisation which currently holds a Faith Body Endorsement from your relevant faith body.


Are you an elite sportsperson or coach? If you’re internationally established at the highest level and will be able to make a significant contribution to the development of your sport, you may be eligible for this type of application.

At Pabla and Pabla Solicitors, our team of business immigration solicitors supports both individual clients and employers to be able to assist them with their immigration matters. Our Immigration Solicitors have the most up-to-date knowledge and wealth of experience with Tier 2 applications, so you can be confident that your application will be dealt with efficiently. As a team, our solicitors have established a fantastic reputation for our Immigration Department in regards to effective and efficient management and proceedings of your application. We understand that every application is unique and that they are undoubtedly very stressful, which is why we take great pride in making the application process as smooth and as reassuring as possible.

Get a free consultation
Our expert team of Solicitors are always on hand to meet your needs. Send us your details and we will call you back to discuss your enquiry