Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Visas

A Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) visa allows applicants to enter the UK for a number of different circumstances, for example:

  • Charity Workers
  • Creative and Sporting
  • Government Authorised Exchange
  • International Agreement
  • Religious Worker
  • Youth Mobility Scheme

For the vast majority of Tier 5 applications, you will need to have a job offer from a licensed Tier 5 sponsor from within the UK, however, if you’re traveling from a country that comes under the Youth Mobility Scheme, you can gain entry into the UK without a job offer.

Charity Worker

This application will be applicable to you if you have an unpaid or voluntary job offer and you have a Certificate of Sponsorship from a UK charity that has a valid Tier 5 Sponsorship Licence. The job that you take must be directly related to a sponsor charity’s work. If you are granted the Tier 5 (Charity Worker) visa, you will be eligible to stay in the UK for up to 12 months or the allocated time is given on your Certificate of Sponsorship plus 28 days (whichever is shorter).

Creative and Sporting

If you’re a highly skilled worker that has had a job offer as a sportsperson or creative worker in the UK, then this application is for you! To apply for this visa, you will need a Certificate of Sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid Tier 5 Sponsorship Licence. If you’re a sportsperson on this particular visa, you must be internationally established at the highest level of your sport and your job must make a substantial contribution to the development and running of your sport at the most elite level.

Government Authorised Exchange

Are you entering the UK through an approved Government Authorised Exchange programme? You will need to get the Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange) visa – this allows you to complete work experience, training, academic research/fellowship and take part in an Overseas Government Language Programme.

International Agreement

This visa application is for individuals who have had a job offer that is covered by international law – for example, embassy or diplomatic household workers. In order to make this application, you will be required to have a Certificate of Sponsorship from an organisation that has a valid Tier 5 Sponsorship Licence – this includes workers under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATs) and similar agreements.

Religious Worker

If you’ve been offered a job along the lines of a preacher or working within a monastery or convent from a religious order in the UK, you will be required to make a Tier 5 (Religious Worker) visa.

Our corporate immigration solicitors have the most up-to-date knowledge and wealth of experience with Tier 5 applications, so you can be confident that your application will be dealt with efficiently. As a team, our solicitors have established a fantastic reputation for our Immigration Department in regards to effective and efficient management and proceedings of your application. We understand that every application is unique and that they are undoubtedly very stressful, which is why we take great pride in making the application process as smooth and as reassuring as possible.

Get a free consultation
Our expert team of Solicitors are always on hand to meet your needs. Send us your details and we will call you back to discuss your enquiry