Personal Injury

Housing Disrepair Legal Services

Every tenant across the country has a legal right to live in a warm, safe, and habitable household. Unfortunately, there are thousands who do not live in such conditions - if this applies to you, our specialist housing disrepair claims solicitors can help you make a claim against your landlord. 

If you have a substantial fault in your property and your landlord is failing to fix it, then at best you are not enjoying your property to the full and at worst, the fault may be affecting the health and safety of you and your family.

Your landlord has a legal duty to repair such faults within a reasonable time period and if they have not, then we can help you take action.

At Pabla and Pabla Solicitors, our team of experienced solicitors can resolve this problem by making your landlord fix and repair faults that arise whilst you are living in a property. We can also claim compensation for you, for the time you have spent living in the property whilst it is in a state of disrepair and we may also be able to do all of this on a No win, No fee basis.

It makes no difference to whether you rent from a private landlord, local authority or housing association. You just need to be over 18, have your name on the tenancy agreement, have reported the fault to your landlord, and be suffering from a fault which is substantial and affecting the enjoyment of your home.

 Examples of Housing Disrepair which are substantial include;

  • Severe damp or mould growing on your walls ceilings or windows
  • Flooding or water leaks
  • Faulty central heating causing you to leave a room unused
  • Exposed wires or other serious electrical faults
  • Unsafe stairs or banisters
  • Broken windows or doors
  • Lack of hot water or general water and electrical supply
  • Mice, cockroaches or other vermin infestation
  • Cracked or broken bath, toilet or sink making it unusable
  • Another type of fault that may cost more than £1000 to repair

If your landlord is failing you, then you have the power to do something about it. Contact us now for a consultation about your Housing Disrepair on 0161 446 1122, or by emailing [email protected]

Get a free consultation
Our expert team of Solicitors are always on hand to meet your needs. Send us your details and we will call you back to discuss your enquiry